Discontinuation of the Public Mobile call centre
If you’re visiting this page, it’s likely you got a message from us letting you know that on March 17, 2019 the call centre that Legacy Public Mobile customers have access to will be removed. If you didn’t get a message from us, you’re probably not a Legacy Public Mobile customer and this doesn’t affect you, but now you’re in the know.
So, who is a Legacy Public Mobile customer? You are considered a Legacy (or Pioneer) customer if you are currently on a Public Mobile rate plan that was available prior to January 27, 2015, and are on one of the following plans:
○ $33 Canada-Wide Talk + Text
○ $45 Canada-Wide Talk + Text + 1GB Data
○ $50 Canadian & U.S. Talk + Text + 1GB Data
○ $65 Canadian & U.S. Talk + Text + 2GB Data
We’re sure you want to know why the call centre is being removed. Well, as many of you know, Public Mobile has been on a journey to provide online-first support. Removing our Legacy call centre is one more step in that journey. We want to reassure you that this doesn’t mean we’re shutting down. We’re growing and we have exciting plans for our future that continue to reward Canadians who want to take back control of their wireless service.
More importantly, we have options for you because we know that change is always better when we can decide how it affects us. To make an informed decision, we’ve provided you with all the information you need to know below.
What are my options?
○ Save more money with Public Mobile Rewards
○ No action needed
Join our sister brand,
○ Koodo Assist, a tool for providing you with support, is available 24/7. It saves you time and answers your questions right on your phone
○ 350+ Koodo stores across Canada
○ Stay on the same reliable network that you know and love